Recipe (makes a dozen pancakes):
1. In mixing bowl, mix the following dry ingredients:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
2. In mixing bowl mix together the following wet ingredients:
- 2 cups buttermilk (reserve more for later)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3. Heat stove to 200-degrees to keep pancakes warm
4. Prepare eggs:
- Crack two eggs and separate yolks from whites
- Lightly whip yolks and add to wet ingredients
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until they resemble marshmallow cream, set aside.
5. Blend and chill
- Blend dry ingredients into wet ingredients folding gently with a spatula
- Gently fold in egg whites
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes
- Remove from refrigerator and add more milk as needed to accomplish a thin batter consistency.
6. Cook and serve:
- Cook on medium to medium-high heat. I cook mine in a nonstick electric skillet at 325-350 degrees.
- Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoons of butter to skillet and refresh as needed as you make pancakes
- I like to pour batter into the skillet from a metal soup ladle
- Generally cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side and 1 to 2 minutes on the second side; put in the oven to keep warm generally cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side and 1 to 2 minutes on the second side; put into oven to keep warm.
- melt butter in a small glass bowl and apply with a basting brush so that butter is distributed evenly, top with your favorite syrup or fruit or confectioner sugar or whatever you like.
You cannot buy or make better tasting pancakes than this.
“It is impossible to have lived without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well have not lived at all — in which case you fail by default” -- J. K. Rowling
In the end, I want to leave this world slightly richer than when I entered it; some days this is more daunting than others but as I scale my personal summits and the passage of time, I know that I will have failed if anyone can look to me and say that I left anything on the table and didn’t live life to its absolute fullest. Read more about me...
I grow companies, build excellent teams, serve customers and innovate markets. Read more about my professional background...
I am a Sony shooter. My first digital camera in 2000 was a Sony CyberShot and today I predominantly use a Sony a7rIII or my i-Phone for most of my Photos.
I have been an artist since 2016 and have works I’ve created hanging on walls in over 15 states. I also love to study art, color theory and have visited over 100 art museums thus far. Click here to learn more about my art or to inquire about a painting...
I got the gardening bug last summer and have been studying organic gardening methodologies and innovations voraciously. Learn more about my gardening and my container garden...
I have always loved writing whether it was journals, poetry, short stories or songs. My favorite authors are Kurt Vonnegut, Cormac McCarthy and Ernest Hemingway. Read some of my writing...